Two formulas are offered :
A diploma totally on-line is also offered from the level A1 to C2.
An initiation or advanced French language and culture semester course.
- 1st semester: from September to December and/or 2nd semester: from January to May
- 200 class hours per semester
- 1 level per semester
- 1,400€ per semester
Registration entails student status.
New: a Welcome Desk for International Students & Researchers (SAIEC) welcomes all international students. You will find more information on https://www.parrainage-international.fr/index.php?option=com_content&vie... and on https://languedoc-roussillon-universites.fr/en/saiec.
- Grammar, written and oral comprehension and production skills aligned with the 6 levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL).
- To determine a student’s language level, a placement test is organised upon arrival (for those without DELF/DALF or ADCUEFE centre diplomas only).
- Textbooks corresponding to the student’s level will be given out during the first lesson.
Compulsory optional courses
- From level B1 onwards, optional courses are available to acquire either specific language skills (French for economic and social life, business French, French for science...) or cultural skills (literature, theatre, cinema, art history). 2 compulsory courses must be chosen.
- The teaching team offers a full programme of cultural activities to discover French culture, Montpellier and the surrounding area.
- Sightseeing opportunities abound here: Nîmes and the Pont du Gard, Carcassonne and the Lastours, Perpignan and Collioure castles, Baux de Provence and the Salins du Midi, Arles and the Camargue Regional Natural Park, the Couvertoirade, the Millau Viaduct and the Roquefort cheese cellars.
Due to health conditions, the cultural activities are suspended.
1st semester 2021-2022
2nd semester 2021-2022
(deadline for registration)
Friday, July 16, 2021 (postmark)*
Friday, December 10, 2021 (postmark)*
& written placement test
Monday 23 to Monday 30 August, 2021**
Written placement test:
Wednesday 5 to Friday 14 January, 2022**
Written placement test:
Thursday, September 2 to Friday, December 10, 2021
Thursday, January 20 to Friday, May 6, 2022
Friday 10 to Wednesday 15 December, 2021
Monday 9 to Thursday 12 May, 2022
Holidays and Public Holidays
Monday 1 to Sunday, November 7, 2021
November 11, 2021
Monday, February 28 to Sunday, March 6 2022
Monday, April 25 to Sunday, May 1, 2022
* Applications received after the deadline for pre-registration will be accepted or rejected subject to the committee’s decision.
** If you are unable to attend registration, please request a late authorisation from the following address: email@example.com
✍ Assessments and diplomas
As part of international partnerships, the DUEF is recognised for 30 ECTS credits per semester
Assessment methods (MCC)
- Assessment is composed of continuous assessment grades (from assignments and exams graded during the semester) and final exam grades.
- Successful students will obtain a university diploma, or "University French Study Diploma" (DUEF), aligned with the 6 levels of the CEFR.
From a DUEF B2 level onwards, students may enrol in Paul-Valéry University courses.